Downeaster Service Restoration - Phase 1
On Monday, June 15th, the Amtrak Downeaster began operating trains 680 and 685 between Brunswick, ME and Boston, MA to provide commuting options for essential workers and those who are traveling for essential purposes.
Enhanced Health and Safety Protocols
- Amtrak has implemented new cleaning and disinfecting protocols nationwide. The train equipment used in Downeaster service will undergo enhanced cleaning before and after each trip.
- Crews and passengers will be required to wear a face covering while boarding and moving about the train.
- The number of passengers per train will be limited to no more than 50% of available seating capacity so riders are able to adhere to the CDC's physical distancing guidelines.
- Station facilities will not be open; passengers should go directly to the outdoor platform to wait for their train.
- Café service will not be available in Phase 1, however complimentary water will be available upon request.
- Stations are being updated with signage and other enhancements to promote public health and physical distancing.
Click here for complete information about the steps Amtrak is taking to protect the health and safety of our passengers and crews.
Ticket Refunds & Cancellations
Amtrak is waiving change fees for reservations made before August 31, 2020. To modify a reservation, log in to your account, go to ‘Modify Trip’ on Amtrak.com, or find your reservation from your account on the home screen in the Amtrak app. A fare difference may apply to your new itinerary. If you want to cancel your reservation with no fee, you must call 1-800-USA-RAIL and speak with an agent (not available via Amtrak.com or the app).